The Commerce Township Fire Department is responsible for protection to the residents of the Village in fire and medical emergencies.
There are four stations in service.
1705 Commerce Rd.
The Commerce Township Fire Department will NO longer charge for or issue burn permits for recreational fires.
What this means for the Village of Wolverine Lake citizens.
- A small recreational fire is LEGAL without a permit under the following conditions:
- Burning of fire wood only
- Size of fire can be no greater than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet high
- Fire can at no time create a fire hazard
- No flammable liquids can be used
- Fire must be constantly attended with a means of extinguishing readily available
- Fires that are in a container meant for the purpose of having a fire can be no closer that 15 feet from a structure
- Uncontained campfires can be no closer that 25 feet from a structure
Rubbish and yard waste is ILLEGAL to burn and should be bagged up and recycled at the curbside