Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Resource Guide for Small Businesses
At 11 AM on March 23, 2020 Governor Whitmer has announced and signed the “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order which begins at 12:01 AM Tuesday, March 24, 2020.
BUSINESSES THAT REMAIN OPEN FOR IN-PERSON WORK MUST TAKE AGGRESSIVE STEPS TO MINIMIZE THE VIRUS’S SPREAD. THEY MUST:
- Village Hall and Department of Public Works are closed to the public. Each department has been set-up to work with minimal person to person contact in order to check mail, process paperwork, and other essential materials.
- Police Department will remain open, however, we encourage the community to call ahead before physically visiting at 248-960-6060.
- All public meetings are canceled until further notice (e.g. Village Council, Planning Commission, ZBA, and all advisory boards/commission). We are currently working on virtual solutions for hosting our public meetings. Please stay tuned for more details.
- Public Works will continue with its "on-call" field crews for essential services and needs. Their mainline will continue to be answered during normal business hours. For additional questions, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residents and community members can pay their water bills and other utilities online or at our secure dropbox located at Village Hall (425 Glengary). Oakland County will be waiving electronic processing fees starting March 25th. To learn more about how to pay online, head to our "How To" page on our website. If you have additional questions, you can reach the Treasurer at email@example.com
- Inspection hours have been postponed until further notice. Certain inspections will be evaluated on a case by case basis and emergency oriented basis.
- Those who have registered for a Parks & Recreation program, event, or activity that is taking place this month will receive a refund.
- Play structures are closed to the public but PARKS are still open.
Oakland County has its OakAlerts notification system where they share the latest updates regarding COVID-19. Residents are encouraged to join by texting OAKGOV to 287-48 to retrieve them.Additionally, information from Oakland County Health Department is updated on their website OakGov.com/covid as it becomes available. The Oakland County Nurse on Call is also available at 800-848-5533, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM- 5:00 PM or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay up-to-date with the State