Part-Time Patrol Officer Position
The Wolverine Lake Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of part-time patrol officer. Previous Police experience is preferred. Marine Patrol experience is a plus.
The Village of Wolverine Lake is a small community (population 4356) in Oakland County, Michigan. The department currently has 7 full-time and 1 part time officers and additional Marine Officers during the summer months.
The applicant must be willing to work up to 70 hours per pay period on various shifts including nights, weekends and holidays. Part-time pay range $19.00-22.25 per hour depending on experience and qualifications. Applicant can earn up to 32 hours of paid time off per year.
QUALIFICATIONS: General requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Be 21 years of age
• High school graduate or equivalency
• No prior felony convictions
• Possess a valid State of Michigan operator's license
• Be a MCOLES certified or certifiable police officer
• Be a United States citizen
• Successfully complete all phases of the hiring process (includes hearing, vision,
physical and psychological exams)
• Meet all MCOLES employment standards
Application is available at the link below or may be picked up at the Village of Wolverine Lake Hall, located at 425 Glengary Rd, Wolverine Lake, Michigan. 48390.
Part-Time Patrol Officer Application
Please return application along with resumes to:
John M. Ellsworth, Chief of Police
Wolverine Lake Police Department
425 Glengary Rd
Wolverine Lake, Mi. 48390