The Wolverine Lake Police Department is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time patrol officer. Previous Police experience is preferred. Marine Patrol experience is a plus.
The Village of Wolverine Lake is a small community (population 4356) in Oakland County, Michigan. The department currently has 7 full-time and 1 part time officers and an additional 2 Marine Officers during the summer months.
The applicant must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays. Starting Salary range $45,789 and ends at $71,070 after 48 months+ benefits. (Retirement is MERS defined benefit with a 2.25 multiplier)
QUALIFICATIONS: General requirements include, but are not limited to:
• Be 21 years of age
• High school graduate or equivalency
• No prior felony convictions
• Possess a valid State of Michigan operator's license
• Be a MCOLES certified or certifiable police officer
• Be a United States citizen
• Successfully complete all phases of the hiring process (includes hearing, vision, physical and psychological exams)
• Meet all MCOLES employment standards
Applications available here or may be picked up at the Village of Wolverine Lake Hall, located at 425 Glengary Rd, Wolverine Lake, Michigan 48390. Please return applications along with resumes By Friday, March 20, 2020 to:
John M. Ellsworth, Chief of Police
Wolverine Lake Police Department
425 Glengary Rd.
Wolverine Lake, Mi 48390