The Commerce Township Fire Department is responsible for protection to the residents of the Village in fire and medical emergencies. There are four stations in service.
|1705 Commerce Rd.||9170 Commerce|
|2150 Welch||2401 Glengary|
Recreational FiresThe Commerce Township Fire Department will NO longer charge for or issue burn permits for recreational fires.
What this means for the Village of Wolverine Lake citizens.
A small recreational fire is LEGAL without a permit under the following conditions:
- Burning of fire wood only
- Size of fire can be no greater than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet high
- Fire can at no time create a fire hazard
- No flammable liquids can be used
- Fire must be constantly attended with a means of extinguishing readily available
- Fires that are in a container meant for the purpose of having a fire can be no closer that 15 feet from a structure
- Uncontained campfires can be no closer that 25 feet from a structure
Rubbish and yard waste is ILLEGAL to burn and should be bagged up and recycled at the curbside